Monday, August 1, 2011

4 Steps To Spinach With Eggs




Now I want you to think outside the box for a moment.  Take a leap of faith and taste life on the wild side!  This is an introduction into spinach with eggs.  It is very simple, it only takes two ingredients, six if you want to count the oil sugar, salt and pepper.  Be brave it's good for you and all you can do is like it right! 

You may also like...
Five Facts About Spinach



Click below for the recipe





Something to think about...

I read something stating that research shows that only 43% of homemade dinners served in the US include vegetables. REALLY???  I could not believe that! I don't know why but it just threw me for a loop! I just assumed we were eating a lot more than that! So this is me doing my part to keep us all in the vegetable loop of the food triangle.


Difficulty: Easy
Things you will need
·         2 eggs
·         14.5 oz can of spinach
·         Salt
·         Pepper
·         Sugar
·         Oil
·         Medium skillet
·         Spatula

Instructions
  1. Open and drain most liquid from the can of spinach. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a medium non-stick skillet or frying pan.  Turn your stove burner to medium high or medium heat.
  2. Add drained can of spinach into the pan.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Moving the spinach to the outsides of the pan creating a king of 'O' in the center, crack two eggs into the center of the pan.  Allow eggs to cook for a minute or two.
  3. Add ½ teaspoon of sugar.  With a spatula begin incorporating the spinach and eggs together.  Cook in pan until the eggs are fully cooked and do not look runny.  Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired. We eat this recipe with meatloaf and baked potatoes.
You may also like ...
I have been making it for many many years now. The first time I made it for my honey, he had no idea what it was, he asked me where I came up with this dish because he had never seen anything quite like it or heard of it for that matter before.

I had to laugh the first time when I made this for my honey he looked at me with that lost and confused look on his face wondering what I was doing!  I had suddenly introduced this foreign object to the table that he was unaware of.  When he asked where I learned to make this it through me off for a minute because I really didn’t know where it came from per say, and I had never given it a second thought. It seemed simple enough and it is a dish that I have always really loved. It is something that my mom learned to make from my dad, for my dad! There really isn’t anything fancy about it. It makes a great side dish and in my case a great snack that is quick and easy to make. And I know how we can all use a little something simple when we can get it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment