Thursday, November 18, 2010

Creamy Deviled Eggs

Makes a great side dish

One of the wonderful things about the holidays is the delicious food that is served to go with it!  When I think of deviled eggs two times come to my mind.  Thanksgiving and Easter but really there is no bad time for deviled eggs!  I love me some protein packed creamy deviled eggs  They can be served as a appetizer, a snack or as a side dish the choice is yours.

Ingredients

    1 teaspoon apples cider vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon sugar
    1/4 cup light mayonnaise
    1/2 tsp chives
   salt and pepper to taste
   paprika, for garnish

Directions

  1. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and cook for 13 minutes. Immediately remove from heat, drain and let eggs stand in cold water for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from cool water, and peel.
  2. Cut eggs in half. Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl. Mash together with apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, chives, sugar, and salt.
  3. Stuff the egg white halves with the egg yolk mixture. Sprinkle eggs with paprika. Chill covered in the refrigerator until serving.
I always try to use light or reduced fat when I can.  I have to put out a special thanks for this egg inspired dish to my boys grandma, thanks for the tip wsm!

Try this great side dish with the Edibly Delicious Stuffing

No comments:

Post a Comment