Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jason's Deli

THE Pickle Award...


It was spring break for the youngsters and while we wanted to go on a vacation get away we just have so much going on at our house and so it just is not in the cards this time.  I decided that I was going to spend time with the kids and do a little something here and there just to spend time with them and hang out.  After all isn’t it about time…
The youngest had received an award from school for good scores and was given a free kids meal at Jason’s Deli.  I thought how great is that! I have eaten there before and I really liked it.  But I had never actually physiclay went there, I had only had it ordered in for meeting lunches at work.
I must say I was pleasantly surprised to see how they have it set up.  It is a dine-in restaurant, who knew!  A sort of cafeteria like set up where you look on the menu place an order to go or stay they make it there out in the open on their assembly line type set up something similar to the Subway restaurant, and you can go sit at a table and wait for your beeper to go off and pick up your food.
There sandwichs were delicious, and prepared with fresh ingredients. The atmosphere was easy going, they have a wide variety to choose from, the food is served fresh and they offer many organic dishes. I really got the feeling of a more healthy style of eating, it was refreshing and did I mention tasty!


My older son had the Club Royale. The traditional crescent shaped lightly toasted buttered flaky croissant topped with smoked turkey breast, ham, bacon, Swiss, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and honey mustard with chips.

I wasn't sure so I asked what the popular dish was and he suggested the California Club or the Club Royale, I LOVE avocado and so the California Club sounded perfect for me.  It too came with that traditional crescent shaped lightly toasted buttered flaky croissant I love so much topped with their turkey breast and a combination of Swiss, bacon, tomato, sprouts, mayo and of course guacamole. 


Yummy!


I had it with a side of fresh steamed veggies.  I have to tell you, I have never in my life ordered a sandwich with a side of veggies before, but this was good!
And last but not least my Pickle Award winner chose a hot dog with chips and of course a pickle!  How would it be to be nine again, such a simple age and time in life! His meal hit the spot right on!
It was delicious no doubt, that was also my first ever experience with eating sprouts on a sandwich, I am just full of firsts today huh!  Not bad at all. And very filling, my oldest son couldn’t even finish his meal.  We'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment