Monday, August 8, 2011

Sautéed Zucchini and Mushrooms

Sizzling seasoned zucchini with delicious mushrooms sautéed with garlic and green onion tossed in olive oil and butter sauce topped with Parmesan shavings. Need I say more?




After much delay and wanting to lounge around the house we pulled ourselves together and got ready, there was going to be be some running around. Yesterday we took a drive to Idaho, partly to chase a dream and partly to get out of the house for a little drive; it was a win-win situation.  To me Idaho is a quiet and quaint town that seems to be in the middle of nowhere at least as far as my eyes could see, I know right about now you must be thinking about how you wish you could have tagged along right!  It was a good thing trust me those weeds aren’t going anywhere while we are away! 
The idea was mine actually, it has been mine for a little bit now.  I thought one day when we have no pressing certain-something or another going on, we are going to get a wild hair go down to Idaho and do you know what we will do, we will buy a lottery ticket!  It will be fun! 
We made it there checked out the different types of tickets, made a selection and bought our tickets and just like that we were done and made our way back.  The drive seemed to take up a good chunk of the day and it was time to start putting dinner together in my head.  The first thought that came to my mind was spaghetti.  So after a visit to my sisters and a visit to dad’s it was off to Smith’s for some grocery finds. 
The moment we walked into the store it was as if a force had taken a hold of us and pulled us towards the seafood display!


It was nothing but Wild Caught Atlantic Sockeye Salmon that is what it was(!!)  It was on sale we simply could not just walk away and pass this up!  So the dinner plan I was putting together in my head had changed venues, from spaghetti to salmon!  Mmmm-mmm good stuff! 
Now, if we are to have this wonderful salmon what should we have with it? Well…I found these delicious looking mushrooms already pre-cleaned and sliced over in the produce section so I snagged them right up.  With that in hand I moved over to find zucchini, have I ever told you how I like zucchini?  If I didn’t I let me say it now, I do like zucchini! 
This is where sizzling seasoned zucchini with delicious mushrooms sautéed with garlic and green onion tossed in olive oil and butter sauce topped with Parmesan shavings got it's start!
While my honey got started on the salmon I got going on the Sautéed Zucchini and Mushrooms, here is how it all went down.  I really like recipes that are quick and simple so this was definitely a treat!

I prepped my ingredients, cleaned and chopped them all up nice and neat like.



After adding the olive oil and butter to the pan it was time to add the garlic and the green onions I let them sauté for about a minute before slipping the zucchini and the mushrooms into the pan.
I seasoned them with the garlic salt oregano and some salt and pepper to taste and sautéed them for an additional couple of minutes and right before I pulled them off the stove I grated about a tablespoon of fresh Parmesan cheese right over the top and voila! A delicious veggie side dish that was light healthy and delicious perfect to compliment the hearty delicately seasoned and grilled salmon.

For an extra to all this I tossed together crab dip with tang, mmm-mmm! 

Ingredients
  • 1 cup cleaned and sliced mushrooms (you can buy them already sliced and cleaned)
  • 1 large zucchini cleaned thickly sliced
  • 1 clove garlic pressed
  • 2 sprigs green onion chopped
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp butter
Directions
In a medium size pan heat oil in and add butter over medium high heat . Toss in pressed garlic and chopped green onions, saute for about 1 minute until the aroma of the garlic starts to come out and it begins to turn golden brown, reducing the heat to medium.
Add the chopped zucchini and mushrooms to the pan saute for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle the garlic salt and oregano to the top of the vegetables.  Taste for salt and pepper, and add grated Parmesan cheese to the top, remove from heat.


You may also like...


Shrimp In Cream Sauce With Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment