Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sustainable Garden Beginning with Tulips and Daffodils Update



Are we multi-taskers or what!  We are committed and so when we decide to start a project we dive right in!  And it is all slowly but surely paying off.  As a first time gardener, (by the way I am going to be adding that to my resume) beginning last fall and into this year I have been eager to get outside to plant something spectacular. 




Tulip, look at that color


Daffodils and Tulips


When I think back to when I first wrote up Sustainable Garden Beginning with Tulips and Daffodils to now I get so excited!  At last, the weather is warming up everywhere… or at least this time of year this is what I should be saying but nope, not yet. It warms up and then at the blink of an eye it storms up and temperatures drop!  But regardless at last they started small and now the early bloomers are doing their best to begin blooming. The daffodils are shining and tulips are showing their bright colors! 
I’m so proud, if I didn’t know better my yard and garden are saying thank you!  The elephant garlic planted last fall is coming right along. 


Home Vegetable Gardening: A Complete and Practical Guide to the Planting and Care of all Vegetables, Fruits and Berries Worth Growing for Home Use (Illustrated Edition)




This year we also planted some zucchini, tomatoes, jalapeno’s and Serrano's.  So this year we will have that great taste that we all love that fresh herbs contribute to a meal.  And even better, it was fairly easy to grow!

 



But with the beautiful comes the down and dirty!  I am seeing the weeds cropping up where I don't want anything to grow and they seem to be appearing in mass numbers. Between my driveway, patio, and gravel paths and along fences and in my rocks we have had to devote much time to pulling weeds and a whole lot of spraying to kill those weeds.
Roundup 5100110 1.33-Gallon Weed & Grass Killer Plus Pump 'N Go

No comments:

Post a Comment