Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Costa Vita

Costa Vida on Urbanspoon


Dinner time crept up on me quick yesterday and before I realized it was dinner time and I had yet to begin!  This isn't something that typically happens on a Tuesday night but what the heck, we got take out, now what to eat?  It took no time for the kids to decide just what they wanted.
Costa Vida! And so it would be.

If you are not familiar Costa Vida its specialty is Mexican food with a Baja-theme to it. They have everything from tacos, burritos, enchiladas and salads as well as menu for the kids.  My family really enjoys it.  If you ask me a secret they use to get that fresh taste is the way the keep their leafy greens fresh maintaining that crunch you want to taste with your meal.  It's a good thing! Oh and I read where they have for the most part gone gluten free!





I always get their large salad with chicken and my honey gets the large salad with sweet pork.  I tell you what I can NEVER finish it in one sitting, you think I would get the small but I love the taste too much! But I tell you what I give it my best shot!


our son has their burrito with pinto beans, smothered with Pico on the side, our daughter has the sweet pork quesadilla with pinto beans, and the little guy has the cheese quesadilla, with rice and black beans.  Wow it was a lot!


We personally like the flavor of Costa Vida, they have a nice set up inside and as the cook of my house if I find myself in a pinch, it is just a hop skip and jump away and I know the family will love it! The service is quick and the meal is definitely filling!


Speaking of the pinch, I had every intention of making dinner last night it was the thought of the evening!  But have you ever run into one of those times when your ran into the need to re-organize and prioritize files, something that really shouldn't be getting put off for any longer that was imperative that it took persistence?  Last night that is the encounter I came across which caused the dinner predicament I got into. I would not be cooking.  Which sometimes I am fine with it's nice to get a break from cooking for a night.


So filling, we enjoy it but we like to keep eating out to a minimum and try to eat at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment