Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Chocolate Cupcake Birthday




Moist cake like cupcakes, very filling, and very chocolaty mmm perfect!
It was a Happy 10th Birthday and with each year brings a new adventure.





The big day had come, the birthday, the BIG 10!  My small fry has now been on this earth for his very first decade.


Wow!

I love these years, I think they are some of the most exciting and memorable years for kids.  It’s a precious window of time where your imagination, that inner ability you are given to remember, create, dream, and make all kinds of changes  and transformations at any given time is possible!  Where everything seems so much larger so much more exciting and real you can even possess magical powers!  All through the eyes of a child.

But this precious window of time is limited, so I made a wish for my son to enjoy it while it lasts, because as time goes on all of life and the responsibilities with the day to day tasks and deadlines and run around will surround you before you know it!
Right now my son and his friend have decided to go down to the park near a creek that runs along it and build a fort.  They have moved out all sorts of branches and twigs and made what they call the secret fort, and only the 2 of them know where it is at. Well that is except for a third friend they just decided they would allow to know the secret coordinates of the secret fort he is stronger and can move branches that they can not even move if you can imagine that!
They noticed footprints they were not sure what animal it could possibly but they have narrowed it down to a raccoon.  So now they are on a mission to catch the animal they think may be a raccoon, yes they will dig a hole and put branches over it and trick the animal behind the footstep. (now don't worry we watch over them the whole time they are not going to encounter a raccoon!)
They check every chance they get hoping to come across something but still, nothing.  So the devise other angels and put together other ideas.  As a matter of a fact they have decided it would be a perfect idea to spend the night in their fort this summer.  We had to put a stop to that, this is life behind the eyes of a child and his imagination and endless possibilities!
Now about the birthday, the idea… celebrate. With 25 kids invited to a gym filled with tramps and foam pits with monkey bars and the whole nine yards I had to figure out how to make this party all work and bring it all together. The important thing to focus on here for me was simplicity. This was very necessary and I am so glad it turned out excellent and more important for the most part effortlessly.  Everyone had a blast and it was non-stop until the end.  The cupcakes looked time consuming but they were actually pretty quick to design I was pleasantly surprised.  I buy the cake mix in bulk, because I also like to use them to make cookies, it to is a simple way to make something great from me for my family with that little bit of somethin-somethin!


I miss those years, to me they are some of the most exciting and memorable years looking back.  It’s a precious window of time where your imagination that inner ability you are given to remember, create, dream, and make all kinds of changes and transformations at any given time is possible! Where everything seems so much larger so much more exciting and real you can even possess magical powers!

But these powers seem to have a limit, they seem to only last for a limited period of time. So I hope all my kids are and have been able to have them for as long as they can and have some of the best times!
Right now my son and his friends have decided to go down to the park near a creek and build a fort.  They noticed footprints they were not sure what animal it could possibly but they have narrowed it down to a raccoon. So now they are on a mission to catch the animal behind the footstep.


Now really quick like with my intertwining stories without further a dew (not that there is anything over the top or difficult about these at all trust me)!


I give you "The Chocolate Cupcake with Swirls"




Yum-yum
1.  What you will need is 1 package cake mix I use Betty Crocker I always have thought they have a pretty good thing going!  And for the most part you need only follow the directions on the box. 















Make sure you do not overfill cupcake liners with the mix as it will flow over the top of the cupcake. But in the event that this happen you can always just break off the overflow (after we ice it know one will be the wiser). That is unless of course you like the muffin top look and that is the desired effect you are going for in which case by all means keep it.  I just find it easier to ice the tops.
I went ahead and did a simple easy and quick design using another favorite Betty Crocker item (which by the way I only mention because I like it and I find it tasty and it makes designing that much easier).

2.  Now from here what you are going to want to do is start on the outter edge of the cupcake, start by making a cursive lower case 'e'.  Once you have started keep it going nice and steady in a continuing cursive 'e' motion all the way around the cupcake.

3.  After you complete your first lap take it inside and begin layer by layer until you come to the center, and ta-dah done!

4.  To top it all off I bought some multi colored chocolate sprinkles and just drizzled them over the top, you can get them from your local grocery store at the bakery just ask! You could also do m&m's or chocolate chips or even crumble your favorite candy bar and sprinkle on top!

You may also like this bake less chocolate treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment