Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Spaghetti Night


Every now and again I encounter one of those days where I work all day, only to leave work to run errands of all sorts and kinds from one city to the next. By the time I get home it is time to cook dinner. 


While my first instinct is to make my favorite Thai food I think to myself this night will be different. I like to change it up to keep dinner always refreshing and delicious. I think that so much repetition can sort of numb the taste buds of the family. I ponder it in my head for a minute or two, to think about what sounds good to me and when the last time we had it would have been.  Hummm think think...


I decided what better way to bring in a somewhat chilly evening than with spaghetti, it sounded perfect!


So for dinner I made spaghetti, mamma’s spaghetti!  Close your eyes and picture this. Al dente pasta topped with a rich and robust meat sauce with lean ground beef cooked in with chopped onions, garlic that is sautéed in olive oil until just golden brown, all brought together with a perfect blend of seasonings and herbs with a added kick of spice from my favorite Sriracha sauce blended in to perfection topped with ciliantro.  Now open your eyes and pass me the whole wheat, melt-in-your-mouth toast topped with creamy butter sprinkled with garlic salt and parsley! 




No less than delicious!   


On the side I like to keep some options open so they can have choices, you can top the spaghetti with shredded mozzarella cheese or Romano/ Parmesan cheese, or if you are like me you can add crushed red chili peppers!  


A perfect meal in the warm comfortable ambiance of my home, what a way to round off the evening!


To add a side dish to this think salad

No comments:

Post a Comment