Thursday, February 3, 2011

Soy milk - Soy what about it



What is the only plant-based protein with all the essential amino acids?  Give up?  Well  soy you silly goose!


You can actually get a nutritional punch like POW with one healthy dose from this small super bean!  I first started buying soy after one of my visits at my sisters house a couple of year back.  We had a discussion about milk and how her kids were lactose intolerant and so she was using soy milk instead.


My youngest son tasted it and really liked the vanilla flavored soy milk, so I thought lets try it.  It was a hit so in addition to buying milk when I go shopping I buy soy milk.  The cost is a bit more than milk but when I read the label I am pleasantly surprised to see the health and nutrition in it and I will buy it for that reason alone.


In just one glass of soy milk you will find a protein, fiber and omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acid packed drink that is low in the saturated fat and cholesterol free!  When you drink a glass of milk and it is slightly warm like it has been sitting out for 15 minutes you get this after taste, not with soy milk it is brand new to me every time!  It's delicious to, don't try to think of it the same as regular milk, it tastes nothing like it, instead think of it of its own separate entity.  Oh and did I mention this wonderful drink is rich in the very necessary bone-building  calcium, zinc magnesium and iron? 

Give it a try maybe you are cautious if so do it in baby steps, instead of milk in your coffee try pouring some soy milk in, and then graduate to one whole glass, trust me it's a good thing!  They have many flavors available for which ever kind your liking may be.   

No comments:

Post a Comment