Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Role You Play In Your Family

Have you ever sat down and really thought about just how important you are in your family?  I mean honestly thought about the vital role you play in the everyday lives of your family? 
Now this can go one of two ways, here is the first way. 

The other day I found myself sitting there thinking (in a negative manner at the time), I have to admit I was bothered. 
If I didn’t know better I would say they all take me for granted.  I thought does anyone know how much I do?  I think I would have to throw my hands up and quit or Bigfoot would have to come and kidnap me for them to see exactly how much I bring to the table.  The sacrifices I make every day, the endless things I do.  Do I not make sure the bills are paid on time? Who does all the shopping, by the way has anyone seen how much money I saved on groceries hmm? (Pause)  Anyone?   I work a full time job and as soon as I get home I cook the meals, delicious meals to I might add!  I clean up whether I am taking out the trash, shoveling the snow or raking the leaves, I wash the dishes and clothes I handle the finances, I help with all the little reminders, and make sure everyone has what they need hopefully when they need it, these are some of the many things, is there no end to what I do!  
And what do I get in return?   You forgot the stamps!  Ugg!
Calgon if your there you better up and take me away!
And now here comes the second way to take things.
OK I suppose we all have our breaking points, and I have the right to act out every now and again to!   After all those thoughts and feelings poured out of me, I took a deep breath and I was able to gather my bearings, now I could see clearly.  
I am looking at this all wrong, just as my mom was the centerpiece for me growing up all my years it is my turn, now I am the centerpiece of my family, I am the very focal point of my families lives. 
Think of all the things you make possible.  It’s like we are superheroes of some sort, we just need an outfit! 
Wait!  I don’t think we need to go that far, but still you see my point?    
If we were not there playing that key role in their lives and they had to somehow fend for themselves they could very well crumble, simply fall apart.  All reasonable functionality would be at a loss, maybe not right away but inevitably yes! 
What I am trying to say is that, as the centerpiece we are in the central position, we have the control.  We have the ability to point out the right directions for our families we make decisions that affect their lives in so many ways.  We have the answers and when we don’t shoot, we know where to go to find them!  That is how good we are at what we do!  Think of all the things we do each and every day, how we just know it we have that instinct.  The way we are able to multi task juggle and prioritize the needs of everyone and everything in our family.
This amazing ability that often goes without the praise and thanks we would love to demand at times is a gift!
They depend on you, when you’re their they know you will make it all OK they sleep tight knowing that you are there and when they look around you are everywhere because you are the center you play a key role in making it all possible.  And if you haven’t heard lately, you are appreciated J
So tell me, what role do you play in your family’s life?

No comments:

Post a Comment