Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dishes With Love

Much like kisses with love, I say dishes with love! 

In my blog I talk about food, recipes, cooking utensils, ingredients and all that good stuff.  My mom taught me so much of what I cook today.  So there is much love that goes into the preparing and cooking and even the presenting of my dishes.  I want to share the delicious Thai cooking and an incorporated American cooking style I have learned, it's all about all my food infused with my Asian persuasion! 

Something my mom always told me about eating and cooking is to add it up yourself.  To bring out the taste you desire you have to add the right balance of either or a combination of hot, sour, sweet, bitter and salty.  This is something that is practiced in everyday Thai cooking.


I really enjoy discovering what is behind the different tastes in the food we eat, from the different recipes and methods of cooking to the ingredients behind them and how adding them to our daily meals can add a good taste and good nutrition to our lives.


Lots of good stuff!


I work full time and juggle the many happening of daily life, it is important for me to achieve a good work life balance, so it is crucial for me to find the most effective ways to focus on preparing the best food that I can that my family loves to the best of my ability while giving them the needed nutrition that comes from the ingredients I use.


First let me give a little disclosure. 

Do not get me wrong I love when you can go out to eat and try the many different food from so many different restaurants it can be nice to get the taste.  But at the same time it is unbelievable to me how many of us eat fast food and how often we eat it.  For me and my family we eat home cooked dinners the majority of the time, which with sports and other school related functions for the kids can make cooking a bit tricky to pull off.  But we do it, and we do it because it is so much healthier and also importantly it is a time for family and even friends to come together to enjoy each other and good food.  


Meals can be made much healthier when you prepare them yourself, this way you know what is in the food and you can modify and make adjustments as needed.  To prepare your meals is much cheaper than eating out plus it goes along ways with leftovers.  Where if you eat out, you are out the money and the food doesn't leave much for later.


And can I mention to you that with all the talk that you hear in the news about food establishment of all sorts and kinds making us and our children obese, by making your own meals for you and your family you put yourself back in control.  The food you provide can be at your fingertips the way you want your family to have it.  So what are we waiting for!  To the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment