Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Random Act Of Kindness

Something you can find from within, to up and do something good, something positive for someone else.  I drive a little under 30 miles to work and back home five days a week all year round whether it the windy rainy, snowy, hot, all the above.  We see so many things that we have and use as a given, where there are people out there who do not have all the givens that we are a custom to, for instance a car or a ride for that matter.

On my way to and from work there is a older little lady she must be more than 60 years old that I see walking slowly but surely along the highway.  She walks the highway to and from wherever she is going.  Sometimes I see her carrying an umbrella sometimes with a coat, or with a scarf around her head, her posture is bent over about a quarter of the way, she is always walking alone. 

I thought to pull over and ask her if she needed a ride. I would help her by offering her a ride I could take her to where she was going faster in the warmth of my car and give her a brief break off her feet, I just imagine they must be sore.  But then I got to thinking about it and she chooses to walk she does not let life or the elements of life stop her, a ride would be helpful but only for that moment. 

This month it may sound silly but I am going to buy some inserts for her shoes.  I think to get a slightly bigger size so they can be cut to the right size if needed.  While I know I can not make it so she does not have to or need to walk that distance I can offer some help.  To show the random act of kindness with shoe inserts that helps her in her daily journey would be useful, something to take the edge off seems like the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment