Monday, March 14, 2011

Big Breakfast With Love,

Last Friday it seemed like the weekend couldn't get here soon enough, I swear I could almost taste it! And with taste in mind I was ready to bring on Saturday with my big breakfast with love of course!

This is my little mixture of an American classic breakfast blended with Thai accents that I put together to welcome the weekend and express the words “I care about you” to my family without ever uttering the words!  

It all begins with freshly cracked eggs scrambled and fluffed to perfection with golden melted cheese. This all gets layered on top of freshly made fragrant jasmine rice.  Two pieces of well toasted wheat toast spread with creamy butter go on the side and from there.

I add thick-cut slices of hearty naturally hickory smoked bacon!   Talk about adding sizzle, doesn’t that just make your mouth water! 


But wait this dish isn’t complete not quite yet!  To round out the entire meal in our house it is a must to have Sriracha sauce!  Scrambled fluffed to perfection eggs with golden melted cheese topped with savory spicy hot Sriracha!  And of course, syrup for the ones who love it with their bacon! 

If you could just smell the aroma that comes from the kitchen. The smell of bacon mixed with the freshly cooked rice and eggs starts in the kitchen and quickly finds its way through to every room in the house almost as if to sneak right up on my sleepy heads and lift them by there nose and carries them into the kitchen!  What a way to ease into the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment